Saturday 24 December 2011

2011 Other Pokerish Highlights/News

Downswong Article
Its always nice to have your back slapped now and then and it was an unexpected honour to have one of my posts (reply in one of Royals threads) get turned into an article on the site.  Doing the post/article probably made me consciously aware of some of the cuter points I made in it.  This then helped me manage my mindset and game better during my difficult patch this year.

13th PKR Hall Of Famer
Being inducted into the HOF was a highlight for sure.  Im not usually a fan of the Hall of Fame thing because they often get diluted giving them less meaning (prob what the previous 12 were thinking :P).  It was an honour but I do think I have winged it some.  Yeah so I post quite a bit and yeah I've been reasonably successful feltside but I have put into PKR far less than I have taken out.  If it wasnt for the forum and some of the regulars on there my game would be nowhere near where it is.

HU game for Stacked v the Beyne
What do you do to dilute the fear factor of stepping toe to toe with a HU monster like Beyne?  You let a site organise it and let them put up prizes so that even if you get royally pwned you still turn a profit.  I didnt as it happens due in no small part to some run godz :P  Its safe to say I'm in no rush to stand toe to toe with the Beynerate again any time soon.

Leeds Events
The Live highlight of the year.  Ive made some gd mates over the years on PKR and its always great to kick back and have some giggles while pretending to play the pokers.  Without a doubt Prinny is the catalyst for a lot of the community feel and peoples connectiveness to PKR as a site/brand because of these meets.  These meets and the dutch ones are what allow regs to interconnect and I very much doubt the community would be as it is without them.

Sheffield Team Event/Holidayz
Getting to school, I mean spend time with foxy is always good and as this was my first ever Live bink it has to be a highlight.  This was the second year on the spin I had played and Final Tabled this event so either the structures good or the standards terribad but I wont comment further (structures good btw :P).  With Foxy finishing just shy of the FT we managed to hit the bubble spot (top 2 teams paid) but I'm sure the binkage will be ours next year.

2nd HU Championship
So the luckbox managed to bink Muds 2nd HU Championship.  I had a pretty smooth ride to the final (smooth being that I ran like god) and then got schooled by the Spudlew.  He raced into a 2-0 lead by pwning me in hands and snapping my uber light ships (If only he had some sort of snapping range v me :().  Then I got down to 2 and half bbs in the third and went on a Rocky like comeback heater to bink the next 3 and take the title.  It was an epic HU battle and a fitting final for such an event.