Monday 5 March 2012

February - Review

So did I finally get some cash hours in? Did I grind the MTTs like my former machine like self? Nar I carried on the theme of doing pretty much everything but play the pokers.  That said given my lame volume I produced some rather impressive figures.

PLO CASH
I played a grand total of 3 sessions spanning 10 hours of play at PLO50/100/200 over 2k hands.  The first one of which took up half the playing time and involved a $1k+ swing.  My total profit for the month (lol) was $830 which I was only reminded about because I couldn't remember if Id played any cash this month or not (volume came at the start).

MTT
Sadly my MTT volume was equally as lame.  I managed a grand total of 16 MTT's over 3 sessions.  My first session of 3 MTTs (playing cash at the same time) resulted in one minor cash for 7th.  In my last 2 sessions I managed back to back Monte binks while squeezing in a Canadian title.  It was quite a surprise to find my game was in such good shape and that I was able to capitalise on the opportunities falling into a heater gave me.  The Canadian was the easier of the 3 simply because it played deeper endgame when edges are biggest and having a monster stack from the middle game on always helps.

My two Monte binks didn't so much involve just running hotter than hot and were more about making the right moves at the right times against the right villains.  That combined with taking tricky value lines and  bluff catching less than normal (although I will never let go of all my stationing) were key features.  I was more than happy with my HU play in both games.  The first of which I was pretty short and an agro nutter and from then on the villain always thought I was light (and seemed very inexperienced HU) which always helps.  In the second we started HU with pretty even stacks and I called a 3bet pre with JQ.  Called a Q high flop and made a bluff like bet on the turn knowing villain couldnt flat.  It was a ship or fold spot given I made it look like they had FE and they shipped with air (an overcard) and I snapped to take it.

First binks of the year so gotta be chuffed with the results for the month if not the volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment